FAQ’s: Frequently Asked Questions
Here you will find answers to the top 10 most common questions that we receive.
If your question is not listed here, and somebody should be able come up with an answer for you.
1. Can I come ride on competition days?
Yes! Even on days we have competitions the rest of the park is still open and you can ride all you want plus your entry fee to the park will also grant you access to come to the competition area and watch.
2. Will my cell phone work inside General Sam’s park?
Yes. Verizon, Sprint & T-mobile all are able to receive a signal throughout the park.
3. Can I ride at night?
Yes you may ride at night, however please use extra caution when doing so. It is advised to come explore the park during the day before you take on a night ride.
4. Do I have to sign a waiver even if i don’t ride?
Yes! All persons entering into the park must sign a waiver.
5. Can I bring my dog?
Yes! Just keep them under control and not bothering any other visitors… or roaming around free digging in the trash cans.
6. What hours are you open?
We are open from Tuesday – Sunday.
7. Do you accept credit cards?
Yes. We accept Visa and Mastercard credit/debit cards.
8. Are there any good restaurants/stores/motels nearby?
Yes. Visit our Links page and you will find more info.
9. Can you let me know when you are having a special event, competition or ride?
Yes! Be sure and sign up for our free email newsletter and we will send you info on special events, rides, competitions and more that we have throughout the year at General Sam’s.
Tips & Suggestions
The following are some tips you might wanna consider before you arrive here at General Sam’s because it’s always good to prepare ahead of time so you’ll have fun instead of getting caught by surprise. Here are a few suggestions:
- Bringing along some food, drinks and some extra snacks is very highly recommended. If you bring Rover or Fifi too, they’ll probably also get hungry from all the running around so bring food for them too.
- Check the weather for the days you are planning on being here. This way you’ll know what to expect, be hot or cold, rainy/muddy or sunny, or beautiful sunsets and starry night rides!
- The nearest gas station is the Pilot Travel Center which is located about 10 miles away. You may want to bring extra fuel with you depending on how much riding you plan on doing. Here’s a link to the Pilot TS so you can find it if you need to plus we have a list of other local resources.
- If you’re gonna camp with us, make sure you’ve got the things to make sleeping like a baby easy.
- Bringing an extra roll of toilet paper is a good idea… just in case.
- A gallon of water or two comes in pretty handy.
And things like: a flashlight, paper towels, trash bags, extra ice, two way radios (or you can text) or extra rope or chains, tools, all are good to have shovels you need them.